The Waves Club Caloundra COVID-19 Information
Last Update: 8:26am, Monday March 22, 2020.
Current Trading Status
Due to COVID-19 precautionary measures The Waves is CURRENTLY CLOSED. All facilities are CLOSED.
Monday, March 23:
- THE WAVES CLUB CALOUNDRA IS NOW CLOSED: 8:17am: Due to the Federal Government's announcement last night to close all licensed venues, The Waves Club Caloundra has ceased trading is now completely closed to the public. This includes all facilities. This forced closure will remain in effect until the Australian Federal Government allows a re-opening. There is no estimated time as to when this might occur.
Sunday, March 22:
- WAVES OF CASH: 3:29pm: Due to the Federal Government's new 2m/sq minimum space requirement per person, we have been forced to cancel our Waves of Cash promotion effective immediately.
Thursday, March 19:
- CAPACITY CROWDS: 8:53am, Thursday, 19 March: The Australian Federal Government has now better explained its 100-person social gathering statement, ruling now that the 100-person limit is to be applied to each enclosed space of the business. This will therefore allow The Waves Club Caloundra to have 100 people in the lounge and bistro and 100 people in the gaming room.
- LIVE MUSIC: 8:31am, Thursday, March 19: Effective immediately, all live music and entertainment will be cancelled until further notice.
- COURTESY BUS: 8:29am, Thursday, March 19: Effective immediately, The Waves Club Caloundra courtesy bus service will cease all pick-up and drop-off operations. This change will remain in effect until further notice.
- TRIVIA: 8:28am, Thursday, March 19: Effective immediately, The Waves Club Caloundra trivia will be cancelled until further notice.
COVID-19 Precautions in Effect at The Waves Club Caloundra
The first necessary measure we have implemented is to send home any visitors who are clearly feeling unwell and are even mildly symptomatic of fever, running nose, coughing, sneezing, or shortness of breath. While we understand this is not an easy or comfortable temporary policy, we do insist that it is a necessary precaution for all, of which we are thankful of everyone’s cooperation.
Additional Actions in Effect:
- Encouraging social distancing.
- Supplying additional hand-sanitiser.
- Cancelling events, entertainment, and promotions which encourages large audiences.
- Sending staff home who are exhibiting even mild symptoms of illness.
- Disinfecting surfaces and frequently touched areas every hour.
- Disinfecting pokie machines every hour and upon request.
- Carefully monitoring the situation and following guidance from the World Health Organisation, other health organisations, and Australian industry specialists.
- Disinfecting The Waves Club Caloundra courtesy buses at the beginning of each day, and hourly, during operation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is The Waves Club Caloundra open for business?
No, due to the Federal Government's announcement on Sunday, March 22 to close all licensed venues, The Waves Club Caloundra has ceased trading is now completely closed to the public. This includes all facilities. This forced closure will remain in effect until the Australian Federal Government allows a re-opening. There is no estimated time as to when this might occur.
2. Is The Waves Club Caloundra still hosting Bingo?
No, all bingo sessions are suspended until further notice.
3. Is The Waves Club Caloundra planning to close in the near future due to COVID-19?
As above, The Waves is now closed.
4. Is The Waves Club Caloundra safe to visit due to COVID-19?
Additional to already stringent hygiene policies, The Waves Club Caloundra has also put into effect additional disinfecting of surfaces and frequently touched areas and is encouraging social distancing amongst staff and customers. We are also sending home any member, guest, or staff person who exhibits even minor symptoms of illness such as coughing, sneezing, running nose, fever, or shortness of breath.
With these hygiene and safety precautions in place, no obvious signs of illness in the club, and guided by advice from Queensland Health and the World Health Organisation, we have no reason to believe The Waves is not a safe place to visit.
5. Does The Waves Club Caloundra still have live music?
At this time live music has been cancelled effective immediately and until further notice.
6. Will The Waves Club Caloundra honour gift cards or vouchers which expire during the COVID-19 precautionary period?
Yes, The Waves Club Caloundra will honour all expired gift cards and vouchers which have expired in validity during this COVID-19 precautionary time. Please keep your expired gift cards and vouchers and present them to The Waves Club Caloundra reception at your next convenience.
Need to Know More?
For any other questions or concerns relating to how The Waves is handling COVID-19, please contact us on 4152 1531 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org